- A natural Collagen Tripeptide (CTP) derived from fish is easily bio-available, digestible and soluble.
- Collagen supports smooth skin, thick hair, strong nails and bones.
- Source of the essential amino acid lysine to help in collagen formation.
- Source of the essential amino acids and non-essential amino acids for the maintenance of good health and involved in protein synthesis.
Molecular Size Matters
The collagen included in food is a chain of about 3,000 pieces of amino acids. Besides, general collagen supplements are made by a chain of about 30 to 100 pieces of amino acids. Those 2 types of collagen are too big to be absorbed as they are from the intestine, hence are delivered after digestion by gastrointestinal enzymes.
SmartPEP® Fish Collagen Peptide is derived from fish skin by enzymatic hydrolysis process. So basically it is a hydrolyzed collagen or collagen hydrolysates. Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen is composed of small, low molecular weight peptides, which are easily digested, absorbed and distributed by the human body. The Hydrolyzed Collagen Tripeptide (CTP) is typically known as CTP, which was obtained by the enzymatic degradation of collagens derived from the fish skin. Tripeptides Gly-Xaa-Yaa (Xaa and Yaa) are arbitrary but are often occupied by proline, hydroxyproline, and alanine) as bioactive compounds. The mean molecular weight is about 280 Da.
Collagen Tripeptide (CTP) is a minimum unit of collagen consists of 3 amino acids. Collagen tripeptide (CTP) is a collagen hydrolysate containing a high concentration of tripeptides with a Gly-X-Y sequence, such as Gly-Pro-Hyp. CTP, differs from conventional collagens, it is absorbed by the intestinal tract directly. What is more surprising, CTP has an innovative characteristic that is to be absorbed by collagen-affiliated organs such as the skin, bones, cartilages, and tendons preferentially. Moreover, it has been confirmed various functions of CTP such as activating of the body’s ability to produce new collagen and hyaluronic acid, making bones and tendons stronger, and so on.
Collagen is a protein found in the connective tissue such as the skin, bones, cartilages, and tendons, and accounts for approximately 30% of the total protein in the body. The primary sequence of the collagen peptide chain is unique in that glycine is repeated every three residues, forming the (Gly-X-Y)n sequence. The most frequently occurring sequence is Gly-Pro-Hyp. Collagen hydrolysates intended for consumption as food are produced from collagen extracted from animals or fish by digestion and solubilized by enzymatic degradation. Various products, ranging in average molecular weight from 1000 to 10000, are available. Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen is made of smaller protein peptides (molecular weight less than 1000 Da) as compared to hydrolyzed bovine collagen (beef collagen peptides, molecular weight 2000-5000 Da).
- Easily bio-available, digestible and soluble Japan studies demonstrated that Hydrolyzed Collagen (collagen hydrolysates or collagen peptide) were efficiently absorbed when the collagen was ingested in the tripeptide and dipeptide form (Biol. Pharm. Bull. 39, 428–434 (2016)). A Korean study also proved that collagen tripeptide with low molecular weight are more readily absorbed, because the ingestion of CTP is an efficient method for taking bioactive peptides orally due to the enzymatic stability and intestinal permeability of tripeptide(GPH) and dipeptide(PH)(J. Agric Food Chem., 64(38),7127-7133 (2016)).
Clean and Sustainable Sources
SmartPEP® Fish Collagen Peptide is a certified non-GMO product.
Marine Collagen, also known as Fish Collagen, is derived from the leftover scraps of fish (bones, skin, scales, etc.). Fish collagen is popular in the beauty industry for its ability to increase collagen production in the skin and support a glowing, youthful complexion.
Marine Collagen is much easier for the body to absorb and that makes it a perfect supplement for products like pre-workout supplements. Marine collagen is a type I collagen, so it is perfect for skin, hair, and bone supplements.
Quality Assured and Molecular Size Tested
SmartPEP® Fish Collagen Peptide is quality assured and molecular size tested by accredited third-party independent laboratory.
Contact us for a price